You’ve worked hard to create a great yearbook…now how do you encourage the school community to buy it?
It can seem like a big task but here are a few ideas to help boost your yearbook sales.
- Plan marketing activities that result in dynamic coverage for the yearbook.
- Use your yearbook theme to inspire all marketing campaigns.
- Use the publication’s hashtag for all social media postings. (EXAMPLE: #schoolannualyearbooks )
- Sell yearbooks at open houses. Use a raffle to drive traffic to the table.
- Create a marketing contract for each student on the yearbook staff.
- Partner with an on-campus business-related club or organization to develop a marketing campaign implemented by more than just yearbook students.
- Use your Coverage Report to target students who are featured but have not purchased a yearbook.
- Use social media to engage students, collect content and sell yearbooks.
- Create a buy-a-yearbook, get-a-thing offer.
- Recognize buyers publicly, with some kind of inexpensive prize or reward.
- Take advantage of holidays as marketing opportunities and order-by deadlines.
- Use direct messages to reach out to individuals who have not purchased yet.
- Have yearbook members write notes of appreciation to faculty and staff members.
- Near deadline for pricing, put flyers next to all the clocks in the school.
- Spread the word through an all-school phone call or email.
- Use the index as another place to cover students who are in the book 1-2 times and have purchased a yearbook.
- Set up an evening call-a-thon event to contact parents of non-buyers at home.
Don’t forget to have fun selling your yearbooks and try being creative.
Have a question about School Annual yearbooks?
Give our reps a call today 800-436-6030 or visit www.schoolannual.com