Social Media is used on a daily basis by teenagers around the world. Because of this, Social Media is a great tool to help you share important information about the yearbook.
We have a top 10 list of quick tips (see below) to get you started building your social media presence for your yearbook. Begin promoting your yearbook, sharing sneak peeks of pages and keep engaging with your school community.
TOP 10 TIPS FOR USING SOCIAL MEDIA
1. Define the role of each social media tool. How will your publication use Twitter vs Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, TikTok, etc. Who are the audiences of each platform and what is the best use of each application?
2. Plan and track your posts. A simple Excel spreadsheet can help you maintain a social media calendar and track usage and analytics.
3. Set standards for behavior by posting news, not gossip. Encourage feedback from readers but monitor comments.
4. Be inclusive. This can be used to promote the whole school, not just the yearbook program.
5. Be sure to give your readers something, whether it’s stories, teasers, photos, contests, or fun. Try to avoid using social media just to ask for stuff (orders, feedback, etc).
6. Use hashtags to get more visibility and increase readership.
7. Be accurate. Make sure student names and grade level distinctions are correct.
8. Keep it short, posts with fewer characters receive better engagement than longer posts. Write for someone who checks social media accounts for a few minutes between activities.
9. Make it visual. Add images like photos. If a post is text only, try to stylize it to make it more visually appealing.
10. Vary the style of your posts to give your readers a reason to read. Some may be serious and newsworthy, while others may be interactive and fun.
Used correctly social media can play a great role in your yearbook promotion.
Have a question about School Annual yearbooks? Give our reps a call today 800-436-6030.